If you’re like most Americans, you value a good deal and you look for ways to cut costs. We all do this to some degree, whether it’s for big-purchase items like a new car or everyday items like groceries and printing supplies. If you’re trying to cut costs, 1ink.com can help. We keep our prices low to help you save big on the printer ink or toner you need, and we’ve put together some ways to help you get more bang for your buck when it comes to your ink and toner purchase.
1. Consider using compatible/remanufactured ink and toner cartridges.
Buying third-party (or “generic”) printer cartridges is an excellent way to cut down on costs without having to lose quality or performance – however, that’s only the case when you buy from reputable retailers like 1ink.com. We keep prices low by using recycled plastic components for remanufactured cartridges (here at 1ink.com, we use between 30-40% recycled plastic). Compatible cartridges are made from brand-new materials sourced from trusted manufacturers with competitive pricing. Third-party ink/toner retailers pass on the savings to you so you can get the quality you need without breaking the bank!
- Make sure the distributor you buy from adheres to industry standards by testing their products. All of 1ink.com’s ink and toner cartridges have passed inspection and are guaranteed to work safely in your printer.
- We offer compatible and remanufactured ink/toner cartridges for every major brand and printer model, including (but not limited to) HP ink, Canon printer ink, and Brother toner.
- Look for product warranties to know that you won’t be left out in the cold if there are any issues with your printer cartridges. Every ink and toner cartridge sold by 1ink.com is protected by a full year-long warranty, with lifetime customer support on all of our products.
- Don’t be scared off by claims that using third party printer cartridges will void your printer’s warranty. This is simply not true. Your consumer right to choose is protected by federal law thanks to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
2. Determine your printer’s needs.
It may sound obvious, but there’s no reason to spend money on things you don’t need. Before you purchase a huge package of ink or toner, think about which cartridges your printer needs, which cartridges you already have (and how much ink/toner you have in each color), and how much ink or toner you’ll realistically use before the printer cartridges dry up or pass their expiration date (most reputable printer cartridges have a shelf life of two years if left unopened and stored properly – more on that below in #5).
- Many printers are monochromatic, meaning they only produce documents and images in black and gray. Does your printer require both black and color cartridges, or do you only need black ink/toner?
- If you’re not sure what type of ink or toner cartridges your printer model takes, you can check our site using the drop-down menu. Simply select your printer’s brand, series, and model from the list and our site will take you to a list of cartridges that you’ll need for your printer model.
3. Assess your own print needs.
Do you primarily print at work, at home, or both? How much do you print, and how often? If you’re like most working professionals, you probably have separate print needs at the office and at home (printing out emails, concert tickets, your child’s school report, etc). You may need a lot of print power at the office but less at home – or perhaps vice versa! 1ink.com can help you meet your needs by offering you a variety of ink and toner options for your convenience.
- Most printer cartridges come as standard-capacity (or standard-yield) units. However, we also offer a high-yield version of many popular ink/toner cartridge models.
- High-yield cartridges work just like a standard-capacity unit would, but you’ll get a significantly higher page yield. That’s because high-yield cartridges contain more ink or toner than their standard-capacity counterparts.
- Consider getting a multipack. These bundle together two or more printer cartridges, typically at a discount price. For example, our compatible Canon PGI-250XL and Canon CLI-251XL ink cartridge 12-pack will save you almost 20% compared to buying those cartridges individually!
- Buying high-yield cartridges and multipacks can help you save more money. And thanks to our ink and toner’s standard two-year shelf life, 1ink.com’s cartridges won’t dry up prematurely, making it easy for you to stock up on the printer cartridges you need!
4. Take advantage of free shipping!
You’ve selected the printer cartridges that you need, gotten to the check-out page, and realized that you’ll need to pay shipping charges for your order. It can certainly be frustrating, but many retailers (like 1ink.com) offer free shipping if your order meets a minimum purchase. When you place an order with 1ink.com, you’ll get free delivery on every order over $55!
- One of the easiest ways to get more out of your ink/toner order is to take advantage of free shipping options.
- If your order’s total is close to meeting the minimum, it may be worth adding an extra printer cartridge to your order. You’ll get free shipping on your purchase and you’ll have an extra cartridge on hand in case you’re suddenly running low on ink or toner!
5. Handle and store your cartridges correctly.
How you handle and store your printer cartridges can have a huge impact on how long they last. Whether you’re trying to get more out of your purchase or you simply want to learn how to care for your print supplies, proper storage is crucial.
- Leave your ink or toner cartridges sealed in their packaging. You can open the box to inspect the cartridge, but don’t tear open its internal plastic bag until you’re ready to take the cartridge out and install it in your printer.
- When you’re not actively using your printer, power it down using the on/off button. Once properly powered down, your printer covers each cartridge to prevent it from drying out. (Note: do not just unplug the printer, as this won’t move the cartridges to a protected/capped area.)
- If you have an opened ink cartridge that you’re not currently using and you don’t have the protective cap (if your printer cartridge came with one), you can store the cartridge and your device’s printheads in an airtight plastic storage container with a damp (but not wet) cloth.
At 1ink.com, we’re committed to bringing you quality products while helping you save money. For more tips on how you can lower your printing costs, check out our recent blog post, “Six Easy Ways to Save Hundreds of Dollars a Year.” Then head over to 1ink.com and take advantage of our ongoing sale prices on the ink and toner you need!
If you’ve had your printer for a considerable span of time, you may have grown attached to it the way people often become sentimental over familiar objects. However, at a certain point you’ll need to ask yourself whether it’s worth keeping your old workhorse inkjet or laser printer. Printers are typically sold at a low [...]
Many offices favor laser printers for their ability to produce a high volume of print work quickly and for a low cost. Some consumers also choose laser printers for use at home for the same reasons. Whether you use a laser printer at home to print party invitations and school reports or you’re cranking out [...]
When it comes to your printer, you probably have a love/hate relationship. Like many consumers, you rely on your inkjet printer for your most important documents and images. Whether you’re working on something creative at home or you’re putting the finishing touches on a professional document at the office, you depend on your printer - [...]
Whether you’re commemorating Memorial Day with a backyard cookout, a parade, or a trip to decorate veterans’ graves at your local cemetery, this honorable holiday deserves a proper recognition. You may not know it, but Memorial Day traces its origins back to the years immediately after the Civil War! Originally called “Decoration Day,” the holiday [...]
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, you may be scrambling to put something together for your mom. Sure, she would probably understand that things just got a little too busy. But if you want to show your mom that you really appreciate her and you don’t have a lot of time to plan it [...]
How to Print Special Effects There is a wide range of fresh and exciting special printing effects to experiment with that can really enable your advertising and marketing materials to appear unique and attract attention. Your ads can use cool printing techniques to display various shapes, textures, and visual stylings—from foil stamping and die cutting to [...]
At 1ink.com, we understand that it can be frustrating to print a crucial item only to find that the ink cartridges that you bought a while back no longer work. Not only is this inconvenient when you have something important to accomplish in a limited amount of time, but with the high cost of ink [...]
Everybody loves saving money, and this is particularly true when it comes to buying print supplies. Ink and toner cartridges are notoriously expensive due to the nature of the print market (selling printers for a low cost, then recouping those losses with expensive disposable cartridges). On top of that, you’ve got to buy paper and [...]
Top Tips for Extending the Life of Your Ink CartridgesIf you need to use your inkjet or laser printer often, then you know how expensive it can get to constantly replace its ink cartridges or toner. Since printing is a necessity for pretty much everyone these days, it is a good idea to focus on ways to extend [...]